Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms & conditions before purchasing any courses.
These terms & conditions form the basis of the contract between Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. and the client (this includes the person signing the booking form) and cannot be varied, unless in writing by Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd.
By placing a booking with Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd the client verifies that the client is over 18 years of age.
Throughout this document courses refers to courses (either standard or bespoke) being sold by Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd.
DESCRIPTION AND PRICE OF COURSES
All descriptions and prices for items are correct and applicable at the point of sale. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd retains the right to change descriptions and prices as required.
All photographs and descriptions of courses are designed to show a true representation of the course. They however do not form part of the contract between Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd and the client.
All courses are sold subject to availability. Any courses sold that are not available will entitle the client to a full refund within 14 working days.
Knowledge of and adherence to local laws and or statutes is the responsibility of the client.
There is no contract between Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd and the client until Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd has received your booking form and you have received a confirmation email back to the address you provide.
Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd, its employees and other agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation.
Please note these course terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions outlined above. The course terms and conditions continue to form the basis of the contract between Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd and the client.
Course participants must be over 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult and agreed with Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. Course participants must have a good standard of general fitness. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred as a result of failure of clients to disclose medical conditions.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
1. Booking will be confirmed on receipt of a booking form signed by the client with full payment (if course begins within 4 weeks), or a deposit of 50% of the full course fee.
2. All payments must be cleared before booking is confirmed, and the course must be paid for in full 4 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
3. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. reserves the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
CANCELLATION BY CLIENT
1. If the client cancels for any reason up to 4 weeks before the start date of the course, the deposit will not be refunded.
2. If the client does not pay the balance of the course fee within 4 weeks of the start date of the course, Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. will consider the client to have cancelled.
3. If the client cancels less than four weeks before the start of the course then 100% of the course fee will be forfeit.
4. The client acknowledges that such cancellation charges are both reasonable and account for the need of Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. to make substantial preparations in advance.
CANCELLATION AND ALTERATIONS BY LONESCOUT BUSHCRAFT LTD
While Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. will make every effort to run the courses as scheduled there may be circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions) when we are forced to cancel a course. In these circumstances, a full refund will be given, or an alternative date will be offered.
Course topics may be subject to change without notice at the discretion of Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd.
1. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. expects its clients to behave in a safe and reasonable manner throughout the course, and not to jeopardise the enjoyment and/or the safety of other course participants. In particular:
2. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd operates a no alcohol policy during its activities.
3. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd operates a zero tolerance policy towards illegal drugs.
3. Clients are responsible for bringing adequate clothing and equipment to the course, as per the Kit List on the Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd website.
4. Clients must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from the Instructors, and in particular no knives must be used until the Instructors are satisfied that the clients have been fully instructed in knife safety.
5. No fires are to be lit without the express consent of the Instructors, and fires must not be left unattended at any time.
6. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd is a Leave No Trace Trainer and, as such, courses are operated within Leave No Trace guidelines. For further information go to http://lnt.org/learn/7-principles.
7. Clients are responsible for any equipment issued to them during the course, and will be liable for loss or breakage. All equipment must be handed back in the same condition it was issued in.
Failure to comply with the above may result in removal from the course, without refund, and Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
1. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd has £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance with a reputable Outdoors Activities insurer; a copy of the Insurance Certificate can be provided on request.
2. The courses take place in a variety of habitats, and the client acknowledges that these environments are never completely hazard free. While Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd., or for any accidents or losses which are due to client’s failure to follow the instructions of the Instructors.
3. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to clients’ personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicles.
4. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they at arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
5. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. recommends that clients consider taking out their own personal insurance should they require it.
6. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. will not be responsible for any accidents or mishaps occurring to third parties taught by attendees of any Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. course.
Any Complaints should be directed in the first instance to the Instructors during the course, so that the issues can be resolved at the time. Any complaints that arise after the end of the course must be put in writing to Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. within 28 days of the end of the course. Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. will not be liable for in respect of any complaints received after this time.
The Client agrees that any photographs taken by the Instructors during the course may be used by Lonescout Bushcraft Ltd. in promotional material, either printed or on the Internet.